For the first time ever comes the inside story of Clarence ""Big Man"" Clemons--his life before, during and beyond the E-Street Band, including unbelievable, never-before-told adventures with Bruce Springsteen, the band, and an incredible cast of other famous characters recounted by himself and his best friend, television writer/ producer Don Reo.
Here are just a few things you'll get from reading it:
- The truth behind the final hours of making Born To Run
- The real story of how the E-Street Band got its name
- What happened when Clarence and Ringo Starr were sitting in a hotel room and Clarence got the call that Bruce was breaking up the band
- How Bruce and Clarence met that dark, stormy night at the Student Prince
- The E-Street band's show at Sing-Sing prison where all of their equipment blows out right as they take the stage
- The secret that Robert De Niro told Clarence and Bruce they had to keep for 25 years
But that's merely a glimpse. This is not your average rock book. It is something creative, something unique, something new. It is the story of E-Street. It is the story of stories. It is the story of the Big Man.
""Legends have a way of growing every time they're told. This time, the tales of rock and roll history are brought to life by a legend himself, Clarence Clemons. Big Man relives Clemons's story in a unique personal narrative that's bound in both history and folklore. This is an essential read for any music lover.""
--President Bill Clinton