The Must-Have Guide for Breaking
into the Music Business
Completely revised and updated for the twenty-first century, The Music Business provides essential career advice and information on how to get started and advance in all areas of the music industry—from an author who’s had careers in music as an artist and professor for more than two decades. This comprehensive volume gives you guidance and information on:
• Starting your music career
• The ins and outs of recording contracts
• Record producing and music engineering
• The distribution and sale of records
• The Internet and MP3s, and their effects on the music industry
• The latest computer programs
• Copyright law
• Composing music and songwriting
• Music education
• The international music industry
• And much more . . .
The Music Business is an indispensable reference for anyone who wants to begin a career in any of the industry’s facets, as well as an invaluable aid to professional and would-be professional musicians alike.