In this groundbreaking book, nutritionist Joan Mathews Larson, Ph.D., founder of Minnesota's esteemed Health Recovery Center, offers her revolutionary formulas for healing your emotions--biochemically. Through proven all-natural formulas, Seven Weeks to Emotional Healing will help you find the emotional well-being you've been missing your entire life. Inside you'll discover how to
- Screen yourself for emotional and behavioral symptoms
- Recognize the mental and physical clues that indicate biochemical imbalances
- Heal your depression and anxiety with the right vitamins and minerals
- Stabilize your mood swings and protect your well-being with essential fatty acids
- Choose the right foods for optimal mental fitness
- Rejuvenate your body with key natural hormones
Safe, fast, more long-lasting and cheaper than prescription drugs or psychotherapy, Seven Weeks to Emotional Healing will help you find balance and well-being.
"This book is a treasure trove of vital new information. Because my clients have been using similar strategies for many years, I can testify to their immediate and sustaining effectiveness in correcting even the most severe mood problems. And the elegant clarity of its writing and layout make the book a pleasure to read."
Author of The Diet Cure
"Larson provides the checklists of symptoms, possible disorders, and corrective formulas along with simple but thorough explanations of how the biochemistry works. She plausibly links biochemical emotional problems with the gradual shift in the American diet over the last sixty years toward sugary, carbohydrate-laden, and processed foods. Anyone who has suffered from mental lapses, mood swings, and stress will find plenty to mull over here."