A rare journey through some of the most haunting of Carl Nielsen's and Maurice Ravel's output for the piano, including the latter's Mother Goose Suite performed in a rarely-heard version for solo piano/two hands. Promises some of the very finest recorded piano sounds ever heard, due in part to a newly developed set of microphones and a very special acoustical environment.
TRACK LISTING: 1. Chaconne for piano, Op. 32 (FS 79)(9:44)
2. Pavane pour une infante défunte, for piano (or orchestra)(6:05)
3. Tre Klaverstykker (Three Pieces for piano), FS 131 (Op. 59)~Impromptu(2:44)
4. Tre Klaverstykker (Three Pieces for piano), FS 131 (Op. 59)~Molto adagio(2:41)
5. Tre Klaverstykker (Three Pieces for piano), FS 131 (Op. 59)~Allegro non troppo(5:00) Listen 6. Gaspard de la nuit, for piano(7:04)
7. Humoreske-bagateller (Humoresque-bagatelles) (6), for piano, FS 22 (Op. 11)~Good Morning! Good Morning!(0:47)